· Store Pictures
Location: Google Map
Retail Pools & Equipment
Filters & Filter Systems
Solar & Winter Covers
Swimming Pool Chemicals
Balancers (Alkalinity & pH)
Chlorine & Bromine
Cleaners & Remedies
Oxydizers (Pool Shock)
Soft Swim (Biguanide)
the Tanning Salon
After-Tan Moisturizers, Mists
Different Tanning Bed Levels
Sunless Tanning With DHA
Instructions for Closing Your Own Above Ground Swimming Pool
How to Winterize/Close a Chlorine or Bromine Pool
Printer Friendly Chlorine-Bromine Pool Closing
- The day before closing, make sure your pool is clean and balanced.
- That evening, shock the pool with double the amount of pool shock normally used throughout the pool season.
- The next morning vacuum the pool to waste dropping the water level 2 to 3 inches below the skimmer.
- Put winter plugs in inlets after taking off the "inlet cover and eyeball".
- Add 1 quart concentrated algicide, diluted in a bucket of water.
- Secure air pillow into place after blowing it up (do not fill all the way).
- Add left over chlorine or bromine to winter floater and put in pool.
- Take filter hoses off skimmer and filter and store in garage or basement.
- Drain filter and pump by taking off drain cap located at bottom of filter. Put vari-flo valve in between any two positions (or newer models - winterize position). This allows any water that maybe trapped in the "head" to run out and therefore prevent freezing and cracking the head. Put drain cap, pressure gauge, etc. into strainer basket (located in pump) and store in garage or basement. Also remove and store skimmer basket.
- Put winter cover on, allowing the cover to drape down on top of the water. Tighten the cable around pool so that no air can get underneath and cause it to blow and tear the cover. You may want to use cover seal wrap to also aid in preventing this.
- For rectangle pools with a large deck, use water tubes to hold the cover down and add extra protection against wind.
- If using a brominator/chlorinator, remove bromine/chlorine, clean thoroughly and store in garage or basement.
How to Winterize/Close a SoftSwim® Pool
Follow the steps below when you're ready to close your pool for the cold weather season.
- Go to your BioGuard Dealer for a complete water analysis.
- Balance pool water according to the Dealer's winter instructions.
- Brush and vacuum pool with BioGuard handheld accessories.
- Backwash and chemically clean filter with SoftSwim Filter Cleaner.
- Add initial dose of SoftSwim A (1 quart per 25,000 gallons of water).
- Add SoftSwim C (1 gallon per 10,000 gallons). Wait 3 hours.
- Add SoftSwim B to top up to 50 ppm.
- Run filter continuously for 24-48 hours.
- Winterize equipment according to manufacturer's directions.
- Follow recommended water draining and covering procedures appropriate to weather conditions in your area.
Is Warren, Ohio too far to drive? Consider shopping online at Pool Boy Direct, our online store.
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 3pm
Tanning & Water Testing
Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Saturday 9am - 2:30pm
Caldwell Pools now has two forms of financing available:
1) In-House financing, with no service charge or interest. When your pool is paid off we will install it. Perfect for laying a pool away for the next season!
2) 3, 6, & 12 Months Same as Cash
We now have 3, 6, & 12 months same as cash financing on above ground swimming pools and heaters.